The majority of airsoft shooters only see's one aspect of an Airsoft Events. The game play, the game play footage and pictures and the AAR's of said gameplay. Very rarely do we ever get a sneak peek into what it really takes to put on a successful event like Airsoft Appreciation Night. We have published this format below before for Bulldog 7. The feedback we got was that people are interested in what it takes to put on an event and they like the level of transparency we provide. Well, get ready for ANOTHER peep show! Clan Reckoning see's value in all of the the airsoft community understanding some of the logistics of what it takes to put on a successful Event!
Video Provided by Sly-Photography!
This event was the first Airsoft Event to ever be allowed to use Grandpa's House of Paintball's 2 story outdoor CQB Arena! Be sure to check out this new AO we helped open up to Airsoft!!! Grandpa's House of Paintball Facebook Link Here
Lets get to some statistics!
This is just a few data points we tracked on what it took to make Airsoft Appreciation Night happen!
Event Staff Consisted of Three Teams, not a single member from the Event Staff shot at AAN, they all worked the entire night to make the event happen!
- 7 Members - Clan Reckoning
- 6 Members - Woodland Mercenaries
- 2 Members - Boerne Raiders
Sold Out?: Not once, but 3 times!
- Tickets Sold out at the 60 mark
- Tickets Sold out again at the 80 mark
- Tickets Sold out the day of the event again at the 94 mark!
- 94 registered
- 67 attended
Pre-Event Prep in man hours
- 43 Man Hours logged just for Pre-Event prep
Event time in man hours
- 105 Man Hours Logged (15 Staff at 7 hours)
Bottles of Water provided
- 216 bottles of water (6 cases at 36 bottles each)
Ice Used at the Event
- 70 pounds of ice!
- 5 EZUps
Ice Chests used to distribute water
- 2 chests at the chow tent
- 2 Porta Johns
Bags of trash removed by Staff
- 11 Bags of Trash
BB's used at Chrono
- 1100(ish) .25's used at chrono (2 chronos)
Raffled Items provided by 9 Sponsors
- 1 Rifle
- 2 Pistols
- 5 Shotguns
- 1 Claymore
- 5 Training Knifes
- + Much more swag
Ratio of Gun Raffled to Players Attended
- approximately 1 out of every 9 players won a new gun!
Chow? Free food was served onsite to all participants.
- 200 Hot Dogs
- 200 Hot Dog Buns
- 5 Pounds of Cheese
- 2 commercial size bags of chips
- 1 commercial size can of nacho cheese
- 2 bottles of Mustard
- 2 bottles of Ketchup
- 1 can of Sauerkraut
- 1 jar of Relish
- 1 jar of Jalapenos
- 2 Commercial size cans of Chili
- This event was completely free to the shooters. The host Teams and Sponsors made this event happen!
With out the awesome community of airsofters we have in Texas, this would not of been possible. A big "Thank You" goes out to all of the Airsoft Appreciation Night Sponsors. We would also like to thank Grandpa at Grandpa's House of Paintball for allowing us to be the first airsoft event to ever get to shoot in his awesome two story arena! ! Hint: We are already in the planning process of the next event!!!!
USAirsoft also posted a video of their coverage of the event as well!
A full gallery of pictures can be found for Airsoft Appreciation Night at Sly-Photography.com